Please note that the application deadline for the following job posting has been extended to Wednesday, September 28th.
Biblioasis Press is looking to add a part-time contract worker to support with the distribution, sale, and promotion of our fall regional interest titles. For over twelve years, our publishing house has built a reputation for producing high quality books, maintaining excellent vendor relations, and proving authors with excellent publicity outreach. We are perhaps best known in Windsor-Essex for the national best-selling From the Vault: A Photo-History of Windsor by Craig Pearson and Daniel Wells, 50 Greatest Red Wings by Bob Duff, and The Rumrunners by Marty Gervais.
What We’re Looking For:
We’re looking for a self-motivated, outgoing, energetic, and extremely organized individual to assist with the work of selling, delivering, and publicizing our local interest titles over the fall 2016 season. The ideal candidate should be able to maintain excellent professional relationships with our network of independent vendors across the region, deliver all orders on a timely basis, maintain stock levels, excite local media about our titles, and assist with all other sales, distribution, and promotional aspects of our regional book program. Though access to a car or van is not mandatory, it is an asset.
What You’ll Be Responsible For:
- Maintaining excellent relations with independent vendors in the Windsor-Essex region
- Expanding our independent vendor network
- Coordinating the sale of books to vendors
- Distributing Biblioasis titles to all vendors in a timely, efficient manner
- Effectively promoting our books and their authors to local print and broadcast media
- Assisting with regional author touring, including but not limited to: soliciting and coordinating author events, updating author itineraries, and transporting books (and occasionally even their authors) to respective events
- Keeping close and accurate record of stock levels, both internally and at vendors
What’s Mandatory for the Position:
- A driver’s license
- The ability to lift boxes, on a regular basis, that may be as heavy as 20 kg or more
- A flexible work schedule, which allows for occasional work on nights and weekends
- The ability to work and keep cool under occasional periods of high pressure
This contract position will expire on or around December 31, 2016, though it may be extended beyond that date.
To apply for the position, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 28, 2016.
If contacted, you will be interviewed between October 3 – 7, and must be able to start the week of October 10th.